(BSc. Hons. (Ibadan), MBA (Lagos), IPGCE (Nottingham) MA (Educ), Nottingham)
Folasade Adefisayo is the Principal Consultant/CEO of Leading Learning Limited, an educational consultancy incorporated in 2014. Since she started her own consulting practice, she has consulted for public and private schools, state governments, NGO’s and development partners. Her areas of professional focus include teacher training, leadership training, school set-up and schools’ transformation.
Folasade has nearly 40 years working experience spanning banking operations, organizational restructuring, human resource management, international trade and education. Folasade retired from Corona Schools’ Trust Council in 2010 after twelve years of service. During this period, she was the Executive Director and CEO for over 8 years and retired in August 2010. She voluntarily served as the Director of the Corona Secondary School, Agbara from 2010 to 2014 and finally retired from the services of the Trust Council in August 2014.
The major projects and services are undertaken by Folasade Adefisayo and Leading Learning Ltd. since 2014 include:
- Management of a public school in Osun State – Osogbo Government High School
- Consultant – MacArthur Foundation (2016/17)
- Recruitment Consultant, Minerva University, United States
- Consultant to Edobest Project of Edo State Government
- Faculty member and Trainer – British Council Connected Classrooms Project where she has trained over 500 teachers and school leaders on the skills essential for success in today’s workplace
- Research on low-cost schools for DEEPEN, an organ of DFID
- Speaker at conferences on education including APEN (Association of Private Educators in Nigeria) and AISEN (Association of International School Educators in Nigeria)
- Faculty member, School Leadership Development Programme in collaboration with the Enterprise Development Centre of the Lagos Business School
- Consultant, Education Policy Commission of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group
Folasade has also consulted for schools ranging from low-cost schools to elite schools. some of her projects have included classroom observation, succession planning, teacher training, leadership training and school strategic planning.
Folasade also serves on the boards of the following organisations:
- Federal Nigerian Society for the Blind (owner of the Vocational Training Centre for the Blind) – Chairman
- Lagos State Anglican Schools Management Board (Chairman)
- Volunteer Corps – Chairman
- Oando Foundation (Member, Advisory board)
- Teach for Nigeria (a member of the Teach for All group) – Board member
- Oxbridge College – Board member
- Supreme Education Foundation Schools – Board member
- Atlantic Hall College – Board member
Folasade Adefisayo is an education activist with a passion for student learning, school transformation and teacher training. She is deeply concerned about the learning crisis in Nigerian schools and has volunteered to work with the Federal Government, Lagos State Government, Osun State Government, Edo State Government and Oyo State Government. She is also dedicated to improving other people’s lives and has served as a volunteer with a number of NGOs – Federal Nigerian Society for the Blind, Volunteer Corps, Junior Achievement, Fate Foundation, Yedi, Teach for Nigeria, Oando Foundation, SWORTE Talks among others.
She was a Merit Award winner of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and a University Scholar of the University of Ibadan, Nigeria. In 2011, she decided to get certified as a professional educator and embarked on an online post-graduate course at the University of Nottingham. Folasade graduated with distinctions at both the diploma and master’s levels.
Folasade is the current commissioner for Education, Lagos State, Nigeria. Folasade is widely travelled and has been to Europe, North America, Far East, Middle East and nearly all countries in Africa.